We believe your business is no one else's. Your privacy is important to you…and to us. So we'll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Cyberjaz.com follows different principles in accordance with world-wide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
* We won't sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address, credit card number or any other information to anyone.
* We'll use the latest security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested when you register.. We use your Personal Information for four primary purposes:
* To process and activate your order
* To identify you
* To help us support you and/or your Business.
* To alert you to upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Cyberjaz.com.
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
* email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
* transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
* shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
* community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
* other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
* information from other companies, such as demographic and traffic data; and
* other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Cyberjaz.com, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver license, credit card statement, or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information).
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time at the members area. There, you can view and edit personal information you have already given us.
Our site's registration form requires users to give us valid and accurate contact information (like your name and email address) and financial information (like your account or credit card numbers). The customer's contact information is used to contact the customer when necessary. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services and to collect on debts incurred through the use of this site. Other than to facilitate the completion of an auction transaction as specified below or for billing and collections purposes, contact and financial information is never shared with any third party.
If you place a bid on an item, your contact information including name, address, email, and telephone number may be shared with the seller to facilitate the transaction. If you list an item for sale, your contact information including name, address, email, and telephone number may be shared with the bidder(s) to facilitate the transaction. To facilitate the investigation of fraud or illegal activity we may turn information over to bona-fide law enforcement agencies.
If you incur fees through the use of this site we use your contact information and financial information for billing and collections purposes. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your contact and financial information may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. Other than to collect debts we do not share your financial information with any third party.
We do not do unsolicited mailings. Any email messages generated by Cyberjaz.com result directly from the user's actions (such as registration information, confirmation of placing a bid, confirmation of listing an item), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the auction site or events related to the auction site, or changes to the auction site rules. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
We run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (like their email address). The customer's contact information is used to contact the customer when necessary. We do not do unsolicited mailing to users who register for our contests.
This site contains links to other sites. Cyberjaz.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
* Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint content and services (for example, registration, transactions and customer support). Our corporate affiliates will send marketing communications only to users who request these services.
* Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
* Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
* Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. Our third-party advertising company also separately places or recognizes a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to this Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference once you sign-on in or by following the directions provided in an email or from a link on the advertisement.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. We strongly recommend that you do not post your email address or other personal information in our forums because this information is publicly available for anyone to see and unscrupulous third parties may use this information to form 'spam' lists or may otherwise misuse this information.
This site has substantial security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our servers are locked in private cabinets within a secure data center with 24 hour security monitoring. Our database is password protected using strong security to prevent access by unauthorized persons. We employ firewalls and other security measures to protect our servers from intrusion. All financial transactions are encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) during transmission and sensitive information is encrypted within our database.
Choice / Opt-out
This site sends three types of email communications: 1.) notifications related to auction activity, 2.) 'Saved Search' notifications, and 3.) opt-in newsletters and promotional email messages.
1.) Notifications related to auction activity are generated as a result or registering for the auction site, bidding on items, or listing items for sale. These notifications can include bid confirmations, winning bidder notices, item listing confirmations, item sold notifications, monthly statements, billing messages, and other notifications related to activity on the auction site. You cannot opt out of receiving notifications related to auction activity, however, if you do not bid nor list items and your account balance is zero you will not receive any such notifications from this site.
If you are a registered buyer or seller on this auction site we may send you certain notices, such as notices of a substantial change in the policies and/or operation of our site. These notices are sent extremely infrequently and cannot be opted out of other than by closing your account with us.
2.) Saved Search notifications are generated at your request to inform you when items matching certain search criteria have been listed on the auction site. There are removal instructions at the bottom of every such notification message. You can delete your saved searches to stop receiving the notifications by going to My Auctions then clicking Saved Searches. Removal instruction appear on that page.
3.) Opt-in newsletters and promotional email messages are mailing lists that you choose to subscribe to during auction registration or by using various opt-in pages or forms on this site. All such lists are 100% opt-in; in other words you will never receive any newsletter or promotional email from this site unless you have specifically elected to be on the applicable email list. You may opt out of these mailings at any time and we have made it very easy to do so. To opt out of future newsletter or promotional email click here and follow the instructions on the subsequent pages.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Cyberjaz.com notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Cyberjaz.com users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Cyberjaz.com related spam or spoof emails to Cyberjaz.com, please forward the email to spam@Cyberjaz.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at the following address.
PO Box 262
Livingston, NJ 07039 USA